by ubumaic (a.k.a. michele cagol)
this piece was created from a short musical fragment played on a swiss idiophone hang, recorded during a live performance by kvsu (hannes pasqualini and michele cagol, both playing modular synthesizers) with emanuel valentin on the hang. the sample remained for several months in the audio buffer of my phonogene eurorack module. the make noise phonogene is a digitally re-envisioned version of the musique concrète phonogene, a tape-based instrument designed by jacques poullin and used by composer pierre schaeffer. the sample was processed exclusively by the modular synthesizer during a two-day solo improvisation session, resulting in several recordings, one of which is reproduced here with minor edits.
oscillographics by akirasrebirth
made with a modified vectrex monitor and modular eurorack synth. The titles are created with vector rescanning technique using the visual cortex module by LZX-Industries. The rest of the video are Lissajous patterns created using a quadrature LFO and a function generator. For the modulation I used a Roland Scooper module with a custom virtual patch.
This is my latest DIY project: eurorack raspberry pi video player.
It consists of two modules:
- rack mounted raspberry pi with 4 USB, HDMI, ethernet, composite out, audio out and a pi camera.
- control panel with 9 buttons with LED and 3 pushbuttons
As video player software I use "pi presents gapless" https://pipresents.wordpress.com/.
Pi presents is a great software for black box interactive multi-media applications.
For now I configured only the basic functions:
- 3 buttons with LED to select the banks. Every bank has 6 videos. The videos are stored on an USB stick.
- 6 buttons with LED to play the single videos
- 1 button for pause and play
- 1 button to shut down the raspberry (hold for 5 seconds)
With this project I learned a lot:
- made my first etched pcb with cold toner transfer method
- how to make aluminum panels with toner transfer method
- linux ... still a lot to learn
Next things to do:
- implement the pi camera
- implement usb cam
- preload video files (now there is 1 second delay between button press and video start)
- sync out
- learn open frameworks to program an advanced video player with effects and video mixing
Vector rescanning with a vectrex monitor and video synth with LZX visual cortex, maths, vcNOIZ, Quadrature LFO and a standalone function generator.The pictures are the logos from kvsu and akirasrebirth. Sound of the video from SEN I XOR project http://www.kvsu.net/projects/sen-xor/